Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sidecar Doughnuts

Hi! J here for my Wednesday review. Today, I will be reviewing a popular gourmet doughnut bakery in Southern California. It is called * bumm bumm bumm * Sidecar Doughnuts! Sidecar Doughnuts is a hip doughnut cafe on the artsy, up-and-coming 17th Street of Costa Mesa. They have monthly flavors. I will be reviewing the August flavors. My favorite Sidecar masterpiece is Cinnamon Crumb, a scrumptious cinnamon cake doughnut with glaze and cinnamon crumbs. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I have also tried their signature Maple Bar, and delicious Huckleberry. They also carry a Buttermilk Old-Fashioned Doughnut (it looks amazing), a S'mores doughnut (yum!), a Maple Bacon doughnut (for bacon lovers), a Green Eggs and Ham doughnut (?), a Fig and Goat Cheese (which sounds gross to me, but you may like it), a Plum and Marzipan, and a Madagascar Vanilla Twist (which my brother loves!). They were amazing. Every week, they have a different gluten-free doughnut. Their gluten-free doughnuts are usually their other signature doughnuts substituted with almond flour. They also have vegan doughnuts every Thursday. Their special Vegan flavors include Vanilla with Raspberry (yum!) and Chocolate with Almonds. Sidecar is just wonderful. DISCLAIMER: get to Sidecar before 10-11, because, once they're out for the day, they're out. The only flaw with  Sidecar is the price. For four doughnuts, a coffee, two drinks, it is $20, which is much more than an average doughnut shop, say Yum Yum. There, it would be $5-6. Overall, I would give Sidecar an A. If you go to Sidecar, please tell us in the comments section.

Thanks for reading!!!

-J

Sidecar Doughnuts Menu: http://www.sidecardoughnuts.com/pages/doughnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment